Greetings volunteers, parents, and community partners:
We have a plethora of ways for you to get involved with the Hall Fletcher community this month and next:
- Finishing touches on the Outdoor Learning Center: from 9-12, we will be planting grass, laying down mulch, and sprucing up the OLC in the front of Hall Fletcher to get it ready for use by the students!
- Preparing for Title I Night on September 1! Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator or Angie Trantham (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see how you can help us get ready for this important night.
- Providing classroom assistance to teachers: activities range from organizing classroom libraries, making copies, making games, small group phonics activities, and more.
School is back and we are looking for help!
IF you are interested in starting back up with your previous volunteer position, come on by!
IF you are interested in a new position, talk to your volunteer coordinator!
IF you are NEW email your volunteer coordinator!
We are glad to have you Volunteer!!!!
Hall Fletcher needs volunteers this weekend to move around things in classrooms so the scene is set for the start of next school year (July 15th). Moves are happening because HFE is now going to be HFEMS! The top floor will be middle school classrooms.
Please reach out and let me know if you can volunteer any hours between 9-4 ! This is Pat the Intern – text/call to let me know your availability – 267.280.6560 Or call – mine and Jess Gulla’s Hall Fletcher office # – 828.350.6451
Pat the intern here.
I read an article from the Asheville Blade titled “Voices Carry.” The article details the status of the Interstate 26 connector plans and the effect building of the connector will have on the Burton St. Community.
There are many ways to volunteer. Being knowledgeable on the community one is trying to serve is one way. The Burton St. Community is right around the corner from Hall Fletcher Elementary. It is important to understand the grit, the resiliency, Burton St. community members continue to have challenging racism, gentrification, and I-26. Emily Foley’s article from the Asheville Blade explains – http://ashevilleblade.com/?p=1272
For more information click on the links within the article!
Summer Gardeners- Keep Calm and Garden On with the HFE Garden this summer! It’s (in my opinion) the most magical time to be out in the garden, and we could really use some help with a few items. Additionally, if you do help out, we’d love to share the harvest with you 🙂 Here are a couple upcoming volunteer options:
– Medicinals Session of Garden Summer Camp- Wed. June 17- 8am-12pm– We need one volunteer to come help with this day’s session of garden summer camp. The theme for the day is Plant Medicinals, and we’ll be making salves, tea (a.k.a. lotions, balms, the like) and other plant based medicinals. If this interests you, please let me know and I’ll send you more info!!
– Overall Garden Maintenance- June 22-26- Two dates that are convenient for you- HARVEST INCLUDED ON THIS ONE!! THIS IS THE BIG ONE WE NEED HELP WITH: I will be out of town visiting my family June 22-26, and I could really use one (or more) people who would be willing to come on two dates that week (preferably Tuesday, June 23 and Thursday, June 25) to water, weed, trim, harvest, replace mulch, check for pests and the like. Additionally, feel free at the end of your second shift to harvest yourself a CSA-style bag of goodies 🙂 If this interests you, please let me know and I’ll send you more info!!
– July Garden Work Day with Lunch Potluck- Sat. July 11- 9am-12pm– This is our one Garden Work Day for the summer before we come back to school, and we’ll be doing it potluck style 🙂 So if you feel like coming out to help transplant some stressed out fruit trees, or just do some overall summer garden maintenance, we could really use the help!
Again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO SUPPORT OUR PROGRAM, WE WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THESE WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDENTS WITHOUT YOUR HELP!
Hope to see you out in the garden this summer!
June 11th is Field Day!
We need volunteers to help run activities, please contact Jesselyn@acsf.org to help with the WOrld’s MOST FUN Volunteer positions!
JUNE 12th-15th we are moving classrooms for 3-6th grade….We need tons of help!
Please, if you attend large community group meetings spread the word, example: church, neighborhood clubs, etc.
We need all the hands we can get!
Help us get the word out about the outdoor learning https://www.thunderclap.it/my/stats/26521-bring-the-classroom-outside
Volunteers and Parents! Next week is testing
Monday May 25th: Memorial Day=Half Day of School, school day will be sped up
Tuesday May 26th: Regular schedule
Wednesday May 27th: regular schedule
Thursday May 28th: 3-5 testing from 8:30-12:30pm
Friday May 29th: 3-5 testing from 8:30-12:30pm